Q: How do I shop at disquietmedia.net?
1. When you find an item you want to buy, just click on the red shopping card icon. The item will automatically be placed in your shopping cart.
2. To remove an item from your shopping cart, click on the trash-can icon next to the item you want removed from your cart and click on the ‘update’ button.
3. To alter the quantity of the product you wish to purchase, type in the quantity number and click on the ‘update’ button.
4. When your shopping cart contains all of the products you want to purchase, click on the ‘Proceed to Checkout button’ to update your order and continue through the checkout process. Now press the ‘PayPal checkout’ button. (No PayPal account is needed)
5. You will be forwarded to the PayPal website, where you can fill in your address and credit card information.
6. After completing payment through PayPal, click the link back to the disquietmedia.net webshop to view your receipt.
7. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you. This e-mail will also include the download link for your MP3 or WAV purchase. Please note: you can use this download link 3 times. After that, the link will expire.
Q: What is the difference between MP3 and WAV formats?
A: The WAV audio format is an uncompressed audio format. As the audio signal is not subject to any processing, the sound quality is the same as a CD. The drawback is that since a WAV audio file is about 5 times larger than a MP3 file, it takes longer to download.
The MP3 format is the most popular format for downloading and storing music. By eliminating portions of the audio file that are less audible, an MP3 file is compressed to roughly one-fifth the size of an equivalent WAV file, thereby sacrificing a little quality. To non-audiophiles however, the difference between a WAV file and an MP3 file (at an encoding bit rate of 320 kbps) is difficult to discern.
Our MP3s don’t have any built-in Digital Rights Management (DRM), meaning they can be transferred to any device and be expected to play.
Q: How do I purchase MP3 or WAV digital downloads?
A: You can download your music as soon as you’ve completed your purchase. Once your payment has been processed, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. This e-mail contains your personal download link. Please note: You can use this download link 3 times, after this the link expires.
What happens next depends on whether you have a PC or a MAC. Here’s the easiest way to download the files for each system:
1. A new “File Download” window will appear automatically. This file is the Download Manager that will move your music onto your computer. When prompted, click Open to access the program.
2. Once the Download Manager launches, you will be asked if you want to change the folder where your music will be stored. Click No; this will automatically save the files to your “My Music” folder, which is located in the “My Documents” folder on your computer.
3. After you click No, your music will begin downloading immediately.
4. When the downloads are complete, click the Listen to Downloads button in the Download Manager to open the directory where you saved your music.
5. Double-click on the file for each song you downloaded to launch your default media player (e.g. iTunes) and play the song.
1. A new page will appear, listing all the tracks from your CD purchase. Click on the Download Now link next to each track.
2. The file will be placed in your default download location and open automatically in iTunes once the track has been downloaded.
Q: What if I forget to click the Download button right after I complete my purchase?
A: You will receive an e-mail order confirmation that will have a link. For PC Users: When you click on this link, you will go to Step 2 in the answer to the first question. For MAC Users: When you click on this link, you will go to Step 2 in the answer to the previous question. Then you follow the rest of those steps to download your music.
Q: I did not receive my confirmation e-mail after I made my purchase. What should I do?
A: There are a few reasons why you may not have received your confirmation e-mail: The most likely one is that the e-mail may have gone to your “Junk Mail” folder. Please check to see if it did. If you locate the mail message, you can add us to your address book to ensure that you will receive a “Confirmation E-mail” the next time you place an order.
If you cannot find the e-mail, please contact us immediately at: email@example.com
Q: How long does it take to download an album?
A: This will depend on your connection speed, the file size of the track and Internet traffic. A MP3 album may take 20 minutes or more to download. A high quality WAV album may take up to an hour to download.
Q: What if my download process is interrupted?
A: If the track download is interrupted for any reason (i.e. knocked offline, hit wrong button), you can return to the original download now link and start the process over. The download manager will recognize that a partial download has completed and it will start at this point rather than at the beginning. If you receive a prompt for “This file is already saved, would you like to replace it?” click Yes and continue the download process.
Q: I have a “corrupt” file. What is the issue?
A: The file may be corrupt because it did not fully download. Please download the music file again.
Q: What if my file is “damaged”?
A: If the file is damaged or you receive an error message, we will work with you to resolve the issue and provide a proper file. Before contacting customer service, please consider disabling any firewall programs and attempt to download again. If you continue to have issues, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with specific details about your issue and list the e-mail address used to purchase it.
Q: Why did I get a window warning that “Some files can harm your computer. If the file information below looks suspicious, or you do not fully trust the source, do not open or save this file.”?
A: This is a standard Microsoft window that will appear whenever you download any file from the internet. It is a way to confirm that you are purposefully downloading a file, as opposed to clicking on an unknown link.
Q: How much time do I have to download my music?
A: You need to download your music within thirty days after you first receive your Download link. After that time, your link will no longer be valid. Additionally you can use this download link a maximum of 3 times, after this the link expires.
Physical items; CDs, DVDs, merchandise
With every CD you purchase, you’ll get:
– A free digital download of the album (mp3, 320 kbps)
– A PDF version of the CD booklet and Liner Notes
– Free shipping for customers in the European Union. Shipping charges outside the EU will be calculated when you select ‘Outside Europe’ from the Shipping Method pop-up box.
Q: When will my order arrive?
A: Your order of in stock merchandise will generally arrive in 7 to 10 days. We will notify you if any item cannot be shipped within 10 days and you will be given the option to cancel your order. Your credit card will not be charged until the product is shipped. Orders received over the weekend and on holidays will be processed the following business day. The funds will be deducted from your Paypal account when you place your order. This is a Paypal policy. Please refer to Paypal’s rules, terms and conditions to learn when you are charged for a purchase using the PayPal system.
Q: How do I returns and exchange my product?
A: If your item is damaged or you receive the wrong item, please return the item within 30 days of receipt following the Return/Exchange Instructions below. We will gladly replace the merchandise without additional charge, or provide you with a full refund; You may send us an email with amount to return the item via standard/media mail service and we will gladly reimburse those charges. Overnight charges cannot be reimbursed.
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase and the merchandise is factory sealed, we will be happy to refund the purchase price on the item. Please follow the Return / Exchange Instructions below. On these returns, original shipping and handling charges are not refundable and you will be responsible for all costs associated with return shipment. In either case, absolutely no COD returns will be accepted.
Please provide us with the following information:
– Your mailing address
– Your phone number
– Order confirmation number
– What you are returning and why
– How you would like us to handle your return or exchange
Please mail the package to the address below:
Jan Olphert Vaillantlaan 45
1086 XZ Amsterdam
Once your return has been received by us, we will credit your credit card accordingly.
Contacting Customer Service
You can reach customer service by e-mail or regular mail.
E-mail address: email@example.com
Jan Olphert Vaillantlaan 45
1086 XZ Amsterdam
Q: How do I change my order?
A: Disquiet Media Store processes your orders very quickly. If you find that you have made an incorrect order, please notify us immediately by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your order has not yet been processed, we may be able to correct it. However, if the product has already been shipped, we will be unable to change any portion of your order.
Q: What about security?
A: Disquiet Media Store is very sensitive to your concerns regarding the security of using your credit cards to purchase products over the Internet. Safeguarding your privacy and confidentiality is of the utmost importance to us. Our PayPal payment site uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) which encrypts your data while it is being transferred over the Internet. This makes it very difficult for someone to steal your credit card information. PayPal also use the latest encryption technologies to protect the security of your credit card and password information while we are processing your order.